Friday 23 November 2012

Post 10 - Evaluation of skills developed

Below is a link to our final preliminary film, I have linked it because the youtube video icon does not appear to be able to locate our film.

Click here to see our preliminary film 'Sugar Rush'!

I think that overall the preliminary task has been a success for our group, we have all developed  and enhanced various new skills during the preliminary task.

Technical skills
When it comes to filming, all of it is pretty much hands on. All of us in our group were fairly good with technology before the preliminary task began and that is probably why we found it rather easy. Charlie took charge of the camera as he had previously had experiences with handling cameras similar to the one used in the preliminary task. So he found it fairly easy to maneuver and navigate the camera as well as the tripod.

Creative skills
Before we began filming we all sat around and brainstormed our group ideas on some paper, with four minds at work who all get along together it is fairly easy to brainstorm good and efficient ideas. We all popped in with good ideas and we all had an equal input into what the short film would be like.

Personal skills
I have usually always been good at working in a team and so a task like this preliminary has merely improved my communication skills a little, I usually like to take the lead and give out orders without seeming too bossy, but the people in my group seemed to look at me for guidance because I did the subject as a GCSE and have always had a passion for Media studies.

My personal work
I feel over the course of the preliminary task I have worked well but could have worked a little faster and more efficiently, I usually have a good work ethic to get things done, but to be honest I feel I have slacked a little in the preliminary task. I will look to improve my work ethic for the main task.

Pre-production
I felt that pre-production went well, we all took on different roles to get pre-production finished. I took on mainly the script as I have had previous experiences of script writing in the past and I wanted to improve on my skills of creating a storyline and putting it onto a page.

Production
I felt that production went well, not great however. I felt our overall team communication was good and this helped up

No comments:

Post a Comment