Tuesday 11 September 2012

Preliminary Task Introduction

In this preliminary task I will be looking to create a short film that will demonstrate certain filming techniques. I will be working in a group with no more than 4 in total, so 3 others as well as I. Building up to filming I will complete certain tasks on my blog, they include learning about/showing my understandings of storyboard drawing, shot sizes and framing, showing my understandings of the elements of continuity editing, writing a script for the short film, showing my understandings of camera techniques, devising a storyboard and shot list, and also completing a location/technical recce, risk assessments, shooting schedule, mise-en-scene description, and finally cast, crew, equipment and props lists. After doing the tasks mentioned I would have gained enough understanding of the task to film a very good short film, the short film must include some of the  technical elements mentioned in the pre-production tasks. The short film requires us to film two characters, as one sits down ready for the other, whilst the other character comes and opens a door, crosses a room, and sits opposite the already seated character, they exchange dialogue and then the character who previously walked in then walks out again. Whilst sticking to these actions we must demonstrate our understandings of match on action, shot reverse shot and the 180 degree rule, all of these are from continuity editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment